Commerce 2.x is the result of a two year development process. Now in release candidate stage, it removes the need for over 40% of the most popular Commerce 1.x contrib modules, mainly through better architecture and a better understanding of needed features.
What did we learn along the way?
- How we leveraged core APIs, and helped build them
- How we chose which battles are worth fighting
- How we optimized for developer happiness
- Where it went right and where it went wrong
- How many laptops were stolen, lost, and destroyed along the way.
After this session you will have a better overview of how Drupal 8 can help you write better applications, how Commerce 2.x can help you create better eCommerce sites, and how you can be a better developer in general.