In this session we will show how the UI Patterns module allows you to define and expose self-contained UI patterns as Drupal 8 plugins and to use them as drop-in templates for panels, field groups, views, Display Suite view modes, field templates, etc.
But, as we all know, when it comes to presenting content the Drupal 8 landscape is quite diverse: you can layout your pages using Panels or Views, style your entities using Display Suite view modes, group your fields with Field group, etc. Such a diversification can surely present some challenges when it comes at reusing a well-designed and consistent UI library.
The UI patterns module makes it possible to seamlessly use UI patterns with views, layouts, field formatters, etc.
The session will also feature a brief live-demo of the following functionalities:
- Define patterns using YAML
- Visualize patterns on a pattern library page
- Integrate patterns with tools like PatternLab
- Use patterns as paragraphs or nodes layouts
- Use patterns as field group templates
- Use patterns as views row templates
- Use patterns as field templates
- Advanced topic: a closer look to UI Patterns internals