Remember when you started doing Drupal, and
drupal_set_message() were the greatest PHP debugging tools ever? By now, most of us figured out that even Krumo (or Kint) isn't ideal. And that’s not all!
This is where debuggers come in. If there’s only a grain of truth in Bram Cohen’s quote "90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs", we better get very good at debugging.
This intermediate session assumes you know how to open the Development Tools in your browser, and how to put a breakpoint in your PHP using PhpStorm and Xdebug.* But there's more to debugging than pausing your code. Are you ready to take your next steps?
The speakers, Daniël Smidt and Marc van Gend, are all-round Drupal developers. Together they have 19 years of Drupal experience in coding, site building, theming and debugging.
* If you do not have PhpStorm and Xdebug yet, find us the day before the session and we’ll try to get you up and running.